Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lap Quilt

This quilt began here and I also posted a few photos of it here. I have been working on it now and then over the past year. I backed it with a very soft blue fleece blanket and have hand quilted the top to it. I found this little quilt not long ago - folded up in drawer in my sewing room. I decided to go ahead and put the binding on so that we could use it now. I finished the binding this morning and added the little spiral shell quilting. I washed it with the laundry today because I was excited to see how the quilting would pucker. I am finding that I prefer things heavily quilted - so the hand quilting on this one will continue whenever I get the chance. When I am not working on it - it can be around to keep us cozy.



2 comments:

  1. It's very nice and I'm glad to see others hand quilt. I think it adds so much more than machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply to Dolores - Thank you! Actually - more often than not I use a combination of hand quilting and machine quilting depending on the project. I do love the look of hand quilting and the act of doing it - the meditation it encourages. I also love the portability - I am SO looking forward to quilting on my front porch once spring arrives.

    ReplyDelete