Tuesday, February 18, 2014

color journal :: May and June



These two have so much to do with the green I am all too anxiously waiting for. I am all out of green fabric now.

I am in a late winter mood and I am ready for a little color. Aren't lavender and yellow the first to arrive? (this blue-eyed grass from May 2013) Some insects would be nice, and not just the stinkbugs that are hatching from the potted plants overwintering inside. (Butterfly weed and Great Spangled Fritillary June 2013)



It always seems like winter is taking her sweet time moving on out of here but I have been looking back on a lot of photos lately and I found a few of us last year wading in the creek no coats on March 10 and then a few snow photos dated March 25. So, whatever.

It's predicted to warm a little these next few days, maybe even a thunder storm and possibly some flooding. If all of this snow and ice melts I will be out there looking for the first signs of any daffodils - even if I have to dig a little.

4 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying looking at your colour journal blocks in older posts on this blog.

    Sounds like you are getting desperate for spring. Hang in there, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. I fell a bit behind putting the this whole thing together, trying to focus on one year one month at a time. I have 2 more blocks to assemble and then the whole quilt. Green plants and grass seem so far away, but I know they will show up in the blink of an eye when it's time.

      Delete
  2. Wow! that photo of the blue eyed grass!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sweet little favorite. The tiny blooms close by afternoon, so you have to be out at the right time to see them. Otherwise it just looks like a tidy little clump of grass.

      Delete