Wednesday, April 9, 2014

green outside the lines


I am still working on these pieces so far referred to as connections. Each of them a part of something(s) I have plans to bring together. I have been working with this one to hang on to some of that spontaneity of a sketch - with the color and the line. So between them all there will be a little bit of wandering back and forth. Everything feels a bit lighter with the arrival of spring. This is me lightening up a little.


The spirals in the tulip leaves get me every time.


and two weeks later - completely unfurled and reaching for the sky.

7 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous! What colorant are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana. Pebeo Setacolor transparent fabric paint. I only have a few colors, but I think I am about to invest in a small assortment.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've used the opaque colors a few times, but the color movement on your leaves is more like what I would like to achieve. I'll have to give the transparent paints a try.

      Delete
  2. loving your subtle use of colour and stitch in these connections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting a few of them stitched together so I can see this idea start to take shape. Thanks, Mo.

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan- I love the Setacolor paints...use both transparent and opaque. Looking forward to seeing where you go with these beautiful "sketches".

    ReplyDelete