Saturday, May 1, 2010

All I Need

Ever since I placed most of my in-progress quilts on "the display wall" I have realized that circles, squares and triangles are all I need when it comes to piecing fabric. I am constantly amazed at what can be accomplished visually by these oh so familiar shapes. I have the time to daydream of what I will make - and not so much time to act on it. Stealing a few minutes to sew on a few triangles and squares can make a gentle ripple really spin. Simple shapes make such an impression and can change everything immediately - I am drawn to that.

I see circles, squares and triangles when I close my eyes to sleep. One of these days I will have the time to sew them all together as I see them.

For now - two little boys are first on the list. So, posts of my quilting progress over the next few months may be few and far between - or mostly photos and not so many words. Please bear with me - I have two so sweet boys to tend to.

1 comment: