Wednesday, May 7, 2014

sparkle marks



The more I try to finish this the more stitches I want to make. Funny how that can happen.




















At some point soon I will add some machine stitching. A way to include as many stitches as I would like but also actually finish it. So I think I am maybe postponing this machine step by prolonging the hand stitching. I don't want the machine stitching to change it too much, just compliment. I want it to be a structural background element, still a part of the design.






I added just a little bit of color - a warm orange/brown - to the underground.














For all the careful planning on the front, I really like the little path of sparkle marks showing up on the back.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. : ) It has a nice glow against all the brown.

      Delete
  2. This is so wonderful! What hand stitch are you using? It looks like a running stitch, but surely not...its so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana. It's backstitch for the lines. The smaller the stitches the smoother the curves and lines.

      Delete
  3. This is just lovely ! You really have a good sense of, I dont know , balance, as well as beauty and care. I really love your work. All.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. This one is very centered - as are a few others I am working on.

      Delete